What Exactly is Sacred Space?
Sacred Space is a place (either created or found) where calmness and peace are abundant so that we may do our sacred work.
Sacred space can be considered all the places and spaces in our world, either physical (Mountains, Lakes, Springs, Volcanos, Machu Picchu, Stonehenge, Pyramids like Giza Plateau, Tulum, Chichen Itza, etc) or energetic (sacred circle) where we can heal, perform ceremony, and amplify energy and power! These sacred spaces have been mapped out all over the globe by the use of sacred geometry, and underground water reserves.
Ley Lines are the energetic pathways throughout our planet that connect and direct current and flow of energy, often connecting to these monuments and sacred spaces always with perfect geometry. Look for the ley lines around where you live! See how you can connect to other places along the same grid line.
How to Create Sacred Space
The most simple way to create sacred space is to state that as your intention and clap your hands loudly!
It can be as simple or complex as needed.
*(I now create sacred space)*
A few recommendations for creating sacred space....
- Honor/Call power & point towards the directions (North, East, South, West, Above, Below, Left, Right, Inside)
- Draw/Cast a circle with your hand, wand or a crystal
- Place crystals around you in a circle like a grid
- Add Herbs to Smudge (Sage, Mugwort, Palo Santo, Copal, Lavender, Rosemary, Ceder) Direct the smudge towards all the directions
- Banish all harmful unwanted energy! Draw banishing symbols (Pentagram, Protective Runes ᛏ ᛉ, Sigils)
- Invoke Helpful Healing energy! Draw Healing symbols (Reiki Symbols, Pentagram, Healing Runes such as Uruz, Berkano ᛒ, Sigils)
- Call in your spirit Guides, Gods, Goddesses, Guardians & Great Spirit. Ask them to be with you and help create your sacred space. (Archangel Michael, Metatron & Raphael are especially good helpers with this)
It is our ability to connect with Nature that keep us children of this Earth.
Work to keep that connection Strong and Alive.
You will have help along the way.
(Sacred and Special Spaces)
This age in Human development causes us to look at artificial light multiple hours a day (Television, Cellphones, Computers, Fluorescent Office Lights)
This is the first time in History that we see more fake light than real, strong sunlight.
It is very important to get outside, get back to nature, get the Vitamin D in your body!
We are sun creatures, so go explore the land you live on. Follow the creeks and rivers. Look up the history.
Below are some areas surrounding Calgary that are naturally occurring sacred space!
Fish Creek Provincial Park
Nose Hill Park
Horseshoe Canyon, Highway 9